Sunday, January 22, 2012

stepping out

Hi Friend,

 I am joining up at the Sunday Social in an attempt to put myself out there to perhaps find a reader or two.  I confess I am a bit behind the times when it comes to blog lingo. OK I am way behind, but I am learning...slowly.  However what I lack in blogger
know-how I am hoping to make up for in project zeal!

I am struggling to figure out how to effectively grow my blog. The only thing I really know how to do adequately, is link up to other peoples parties.  You say party and I am THERE! ;-) I mean really, who doesn't love a good party? I love the satisfaction I get when seeing other peoples creativity come ALIVE.  I feel lucky to be surrounded by such talent on a weekly basis at these parties.  

 My husband is ultra supportive of my new blogging adventure asking daily, "how is the blog"?, as if it is our newest child.  Well my newest baby needs desperately to get out there for a little social development. The Sunday Social seems like the perfect place to do so. 


How to participate:


1.  Follow your hosts (The Sasse Life & The Kurtz Corner) via Google Friend Connect.
2. Follow the Featured blog. (Uncommon)
2.  Link up your blog's home page -- not a specific link or you will be deleted!
3. Visit at least 2 other blogs and make some friends!

4. Let your friends know by posting this button. The more, the merrier!
The Sasse Life

Wish me luck!
Shannon

Oh man! I totally messed up the picture on the link up.  I can't figure out how to change it to something so a blank box it is.  Going for the whole don't judge a book by it's cover thing.  REALLY?  I am trying to get myself out their and I screw up the picture post.  Nice one Shannon!

5 comments:

  1. Now following you! Thanks for stopping by The Sunday Social at The Kurtz Corner! Hope to see you around the blog-o-sphere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to support another Shannon!! Do you have a facebook page to go along with your blog?
    Mine is;
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fox-Hollow-Cottage/274850902543035?ref=tn_tnmn

    Come visit and I'll like ya. Great way to meet new people quickly =)
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon! You have a great blog here! I am in the same boat as you, I am a new blogger and aside from linking up at parties, I'm lost :o( I also joined the Sunday Social. Here's to us climbing the ranks :o)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog & following along! I'm now following you back!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shannon! Thanks for coming to visit Burlap and Buttons! I am a new blogger too and it is a whole new world isn't it! I learned alot from my friend Ashley and she does a whole series on "Blogging 101" with video tutorials and everything... eisymorgan.blogspot.com- Maybe her series will help you too. Anyway, I'm following you now too and I think you have some great projects! See you around soon!

    ReplyDelete