I want to start out by thanking Shannon over at Fox Hollow Cottage for putting me on her FB yesterday. You rock. I have followers now, I am so thrilled I can't even stand it!!!! Thank you for opening the door for me, and helping a fellow Shannon out. :-)
I first saw this fun and simple idea on, http://cleanandscentsible.blogspot.com/2010/10/treats.html. I just had to give it a try. I made this project with my girls and we gave them to their teachers as well as neighbor gifts during the holidays. I put a red bow on the pot and filled it with candy hearts and wouldn't you know, it is just perfect for Valentines day as well.
To make this project you will need:
- an ivy bowl (3 1/2 x 3 1/2)
- a terra cotta pot (3 1/2 or 4 inches)
- the terra cotta pot base (the part used to catch water) in the matching size
- black spray paint
- ribbon to tie a bow around it
- a doll pin stand (this is what looks the coin insert) they come in packages of 6
- a wooden ball with a flat base (for the lid) these also come in packages of 6
- strong glue that dries clear (I used e6000)
- candy to fill it up
1. Take the terra cotta pot, base, doll pin stand, and wooden ball and spray them black, or whatever color you would like (red would be way cute!)
2. Once these parts are dry, take the ball and center it on the lid (which is the pot base flipped over). Then glue it down
3. Next take the pot, turn it upside down and glue the ivy jar to it. Then take the doll pin stand and glue it to the front of the pot to look like a coin insert. Once the glue dries, fill it with candy and put the lid on. I then tied a bow around it.
So simple and really cute. You could change up the ribbon to match seasonally.
Here is what our jar looks like for Valentines day. For Christmas we filled it with red and green M&M's, Look quick it doesn't stay full long around here!
Have a wonderful day!
I linked up to: